Sunday 16 February 2014

Adventure on the Rocks

Four days ago there was a light rain, and because I had gotten no exercise, and because I felt adventurous, I decided to go exploring on the rocky end of the beach.

A few days prior I had seen a rather large rocky section of the beach from a distance, and as I have an inclination to climb anything that I can, I decided to go back and have a look.

The tide was very high by the time I got to the rocky section.  This along with the fact that it was raining led me to the decission that that day was not the day to climb.  Despite this decision, I did go poking around a little bit.

I found myself standing on a ledge about five feet off the ground near a little inlet.  Then all of a sudden, I see a wave come crashing out of what seemed to be the rock it’s self.  After a second I realized that there was a tunnel through the rock!

Fast-forward two days and I am back at the same place at low tide.

It was as I had imagined it.  There was a tunnel about ten feet tall and six feet wide that led through the cliff.  The tunnel is somewhat of a passage to another side of the beach.  On the side you enter from there are a lot of pebbles, and there is a river emptying into the sea. On the other side there are huge rock cliffs that surrounded me as I clambered over massive boulders.

I have gone back there twice since then and I have yet to bring my camera.  I plan on going tomorrow to take some pictures of the spot because it is really something worth seeing.  When I do get the pictures I will post them up here.


Speaking of pictures, here is a picture of the group of us that played rugby on Pallentines day.

It looks on here like we tore up the lawn but we really didn't I promise...

Stay excellent,


Willie

No comments:

Post a Comment